Under the current Point Based System students need to collect 40 points to qualify for a Tier 4 student visa, as follows:
1. 30 points earned by CAS issued by the college.
2. 10 points earned by UKBA upon submission of proof of funds. Students will have to pay full college fees, and then show the equivalent of
GBP 5,400 for a continuous period of 28 days. Bank statements will be required to validate funds and time period.
3. The amount of GBP 5,400 is based on the UKBA minimum maintenance funds required of GBP 600 (for colleges located in the outer London) for a minimum of 9 months course.
4. At completion of the above process, the CAS will be issued by the college so students can submit their application with required documents and proof of funds.
5. Any outstanding balance on fees payable, should be demonstrated in your account in addition to the GBP 5,400 for maintenance.
For further information please visit
Important Pre Arrival Information for International Students
All International Students are informed that it is VERY IMPORTANT to download and read the PRE ARRIVAL INFORMATION before departing from their country to the UK. It contains important information regarding living in this country. It also contains important information regarding Awarding Body Registration Fees. Make sure you read the Awarding Body fees related to your respective course of study. For example, the IAM Level 5 students will need to read the IAM Awarding Body registration fees details. ATHE students will read the ATHE registration fees details.
Some awarding bodies also charge exam fees. Please make sure you are aware of these charges, where applicable, as detailed in the Pre Arrival Information.
Students are notified that Awarding Body Registration fees are not part of their Tuition Fees and must be paid upon arrival, without which they would not be recognised by the awarding bodies, would not be allowed to sit exams or have access to study materials from the awarding bodies.
Students are further informed that although the Pre Arrival Information is also detailed to the students through their respective agents. The college cannot take responsibility if the students arrive un- informed and un prepared. These charges are also detailed on the respective Awarding Bodies websites.
Click here to read the PRE ARRIVAL Information.